There is something so glamorous about celebrating the New Year! It gives me a great excuse to pull out all of my favorite makeup products and create a dramatic look with that little extra something. This makeup look makes me feel beautiful and looks like I put hours into getting ready, but in reality it is very simple. Keep scrolling to see how I did it!
**If you follow my blog you might remember that I did a tutorial in my Falling for this Beauty Look post, but I did something different this time.
Face: I started with my face makeup instead of my eyes. I usually start with my eyes, because fallout can occur. In this case, fallout isn’t the enemy at all! I wanted this look to be filled with lots of shimmer and I really wanted my eyes to pop, so if some sparkles from my eyes fell onto my already finished cheeks, it would have just added to the look.
- I first applied a small amount of Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer as a primer for my eyelids. Doing this will allow for my shadow to stay on longer.
- I then got out my favorite eye shadow palette by Mac Cosmetics EYE SHADOW X15: WARM NEUTRAL
- Using a MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush, the first thing I did was apply and blend the color Saddle into my crease. I use this color to add dimension to my eyes, as well as a transition color.
- I Then packed on Amber Lights all over my lid using a MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush.
- I added the color Unwind in a “>” shape to the outer corner of my eye using the MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush, and then blended that in using the MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush.
- Once Unwind was blended, I used the same technique to blend in the color Dance in the Dark.
- I took my MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush to once again blend everything together so there were no harsh lines.
- To finish the eye lookI used the MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush to add the color Lemon Tart to my brow bone to create a highlight effect to my eyes. Also using the color Lemon Tart, I blended that into Saddle to create a seamless finished look.
- I lined my lips with a MAC 316 Lip Brush using the MAC Lipstick color Russian Red.
- One my lips were lined, I applied MAC Lipstick in the color Russian Red all over my lips.