A bit of a different post today. I decided I wanted to share with you something that truly brings me joy in life: Fashion. Specifically the first step in creating a beautiful garment, which is the sketching process. My sketches are like pieces of art to me, and I personally take a lot of time in perfecting them. I hope you all enjoy, and I would love to see and hear about your hobbies that bring you happiness in life! Tag me @sydneymallace or use the hashtag #sydneymallace.
I’m not usually one to wear a long necklace, but as soon as I saw this one in Zara I had to have it. For this outfit, I decided to style it so it would showcase this piece. I wore a neutral colored top and a leather jacket with brass detailing, to match the brass colored necklace. Due to the coloring of the necklace, I opted for army green jeans opposed to black. This creates a more subtle feel to the outfit, but still has a bit of an edge to it. Black booties go with almost everything… but worked especially well with this look because it tied in the jacket without taking away from anything else or adding unnecessary details. I want to see what you wear when you roam around your city! Tag me @sydneymallace or use the hashtag #sydneymallace.
Hash House a Go Go is the perfect spot for brunch. They have delicious drinks, food, and a great atmosphere. I recommend that if you go, go with an empty stomach, because the portion sizes are huge! There are three Hash House a Go Go Locations, so if you have a chance to go — I highly recommend it! My favorite item to order is the ‘Sage Fried Chicken and Waffles’. I would love to see your picture when you go! Tag me @sydneymallace or use the hashtag #sydneymallace.
Shop Actual & Similar Items:
One basic white tee can take you a long way in the fashion world. Add a jacket, accessories, or change the shoes and pants and you have a completely new look. You can even change a look just by how your hair looks. The ways to style a white tee are endless, but here are some beginner inspiration ideas. I hope to see some of your basic white tee inspired looks! Tag me @sydneymallace or use the hashtag #sydneymallace.
Any procrastinators or indecisive people out there? This post is for you! If you are like me, then you have already chosen about 5 different outfits to wear for Thanksgiving Dinner. Out of those 5, you probably won’t end up wearing any of them, and instead opt for something that you pick out five minutes before people arrive at your door. I have included some do’s and don’ts when it comes to picking out that perfect Thanksgiving outfit. I would love to see your Thanksgiving fashion looks. Tag me @sydneymallace or use the hashtag #sydneymallace. Enjoy.
Shop Similar Items:
Autumn has finally arrived, and my excitement is at an all-time high! Due to growing up in sunny Arizona, I have never truly experienced Fall weather, let alone been able to comfortably wear basic Fall attire. (If I tried, I would have to come home and immediately jump into a cold shower to cool off!) Lately, Zara has been one of my go-to stores, because the options of clothing, trends, and styles are endless. I have put together what items I would enjoy wearing this fall, including some items that would ultimately have to be layered as it gets colder and Winter starts creeping up. I must admit… I don’t know what’s in store for this season, but I hope this Autumn is filled with nothing but the best!
Okay, so I know I have only been away from home for three months… But, these past few months have allowed me to grow as a person, and have taught me some incredible life lessons. I adapted to a new adventure in Chicago and changed as a person for the better. In honor of my ongoing journey of self-discovery, I wanted to share some of the most important things that I have learned so far with you lovely people. Enjoy!
- Coming home to a clean room is extremely satisfying — so take an extra five minutes each morning to at least make your bed.
- Always have a pair of comfortable shoes with you. You can always put on your pretty ones once you get to where you are going.
- Don’t take public transit alone past 10:00 p.m. When in doubt Uber it out.
- It’s okay to have a lazy day — mine include laying in bed, watching movies, and munching on some yummy snacks.
- Dogs are better than most people — and you will miss them… a lot.
- Always remember that everyone is only a phone call away.
- Just because you go out of your way for someone, doesn’t mean that they will do the same for you.
- Removing the toxic people in your life is necessary and beneficial.
- You will find out who your true friends are. Also, you will make new ones.
- You don’t use the kitchen as much as you’d like to… But don’t worry, thats why Grubhub, Postdates, and Doordash exist.
- It’s ultimately up to you to be happy, and you will realize that you truly can be.
There is so much to love about fall beauty looks. You have the oh so famous berry lips and the smokey eyes with the not so typical colors. That is the look I was going for in this new simple beauty tutorial. I would love to see all of your fall beauty looks. Tag me on instagram @sydneymallace or use the hashtag #sydneymallace.
Eyes: I always start with my eyes when I know I am doing a heavier eye look. Sometimes there is fallout, or if you make a mistake you can easily fix it with out ruining the rest of your face makeup. With that said — let’s begin!
- I first applied PRO LONGWEAR PAINT POT in the color groundwork as a primer and base color.
- I then got out my favorite eye shadow palette EYE SHADOW X15: WARM NEUTRAL
- I applied gingersnap in my crease and outer corner.
- Then applied darkbrew on the outer corner, blending it in with gingersnap.
- I added dance in the dark on the outer corner as well, for a deeper look.
- To soften the look up, and make it more of a fall look opposed to a natural smokey eye, I added some champagne based golds. I used honey lust in the center of my eye to give it some-what of a brighter look. I then added more of the cranberry based tones to the outer corners again to give that fall vibe.
- To finish off the eye look I added warm breeze to highlight my brown bone.
- First I started off by applying my favorite primer of all time MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer, which has a variety of options depending on your skin type, and I applied that all over my face with freshly cleaned hands!
- I then applied a light amount of Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup to my face using the original beauty blender®.
- Concealer time! I use a fair amount of Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer under my eyes in a triangle shape, in between my eyebrows, along the bridge of my nose, and the center of my chin. Also blending all of this in with the original beauty blender®.
- To set my concealer, I use the shade called Banana in the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit. I apply a light amount of this onto the areas where I put my concealer with the light side of the Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Brush.
- Personally, I enjoy when my skin has a bit of a matte finish to it, so I apply MINERALIZE SKINFINISH NATURAL all over my face with the powder brush from Too Faced Teddy Bear Hair 5 Piece Brush Set.
- Let’s add a bit of contour. For my contour I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit again, this time using the shade java with a NARS Kabuki Ita Brush. I apply the contour shade on the hollows of my cheek bones starting from the top of my ear to the corner of my mouth. They key to contouring is blending!
- My favorite highlighter of all-time is BECCA Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed – Champagne Pop. It gives such a beautiful glow to the face. I apply this on my cheek bones and my temples with a Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder Brush for a perfect glow.
- I lined my lips with the PRO LONGWEAR LIP PENCIL in the color rebellious, and then added my go-to berry based color LIPSTICK in the color Rebel