Okay, so I know I have only been away from home for three months… But, these past few months have allowed me to grow as a person, and have taught me some incredible life lessons. I adapted to a new adventure in Chicago and changed as a person for the better. In honor of my ongoing journey of self-discovery, I wanted to share some of the most important things that I have learned so far with you lovely people. Enjoy!
- Coming home to a clean room is extremely satisfying — so take an extra five minutes each morning to at least make your bed.
- Always have a pair of comfortable shoes with you. You can always put on your pretty ones once you get to where you are going.
- Don’t take public transit alone past 10:00 p.m. When in doubt Uber it out.
- It’s okay to have a lazy day — mine include laying in bed, watching movies, and munching on some yummy snacks.
- Dogs are better than most people — and you will miss them… a lot.
- Always remember that everyone is only a phone call away.
- Just because you go out of your way for someone, doesn’t mean that they will do the same for you.
- Removing the toxic people in your life is necessary and beneficial.
- You will find out who your true friends are. Also, you will make new ones.
- You don’t use the kitchen as much as you’d like to… But don’t worry, thats why Grubhub, Postdates, and Doordash exist.
- It’s ultimately up to you to be happy, and you will realize that you truly can be.